Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tad Hutchison

One day in college I heard some tunes a friend was playing on his car stereo. They were infectious and tasty. Jangly yet rockin'.

They were The Young Fresh Fellows. And their drummer is Tad Huchinson (brief music wiki here).

My series on drummers has largely had three categories: drummers I've listened to for years but didn't know who they were, drummers I've just begun to listen to, and drummers that I haven't listened to at all but figure I ought to look into. Tad falls into a fourth category: drummers I've listened to for a long time and knew who they were all along. And so his style is burned deep into my subconscious whether or not I've ever thought much about it overtly.

His style is to play lots of fast fills on the snare drum. That's about it.



And so he comes in handy at the moment...this moment in time for me being that in which I begin to try to get my speed and control in hand for fast fills.

I will note here that none of the videos below do their music justice. They are messy and poorly recorded. The original recordings are much better.

Rock and Roll Pest Control


Still There's Hope


How Much About Last Night Do You Remember


Taco Wagon (with drum solo)

No comments:

Post a Comment