Thursday, August 26, 2010

Auditions

So I've yet to get a call back on MB&SDY. I don't think it's intentional, I just think that they aren't very proactive. They have someone to fill in for now and they'll probably just go with that until and unless it goes wrong. I liked learning the songs, and they were a challenge, but honestly I was actually already getting bored with them, so maybe it's all for the best.

Drum chair at The Nod opened up again. Had a long email chat with the front man and came to the conclusion that I can't commit even if they wanted me. They want to gig every weekend and that just isn't on my agenda for a single band. And I don't think I really have the right demographics for them anyway...never mind that I might not even be able to play the tunes well enough.

Then, unexpectedly, a spot in The Drain opened. There's some drama surrounding it, but against my better judgement I'm auditioning on Monday. Got two of their disks last night. I'm busy all weekend, so I'll be cramming Thursday and Friday to see what I can put together.

I don't know why I feel compelled to add a third band, I just do. I want to do new and different drum stuff. And playing in an originals band again would be nice too.

Not sure where I'm at with the Pipe band. Had to beg off for several weeks due to work committments. Not sure if I'm going to want to do three band rehearsals per week plus pipe corps. Plus, the music is kind of stupid hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment