Monday, March 26, 2012

CJ, Mickey's, 3/24/2012

Got a late start setting up the new PA at Mickey's (so we had to cut our set). The Flips from Chicago opened for us. The bar cleared out towards the end of their set so we were worried...but it seemed everyone from the patio came in to listen to us, so it was full and hopping. Lots of compliments. Sold tshirts for first time (only a few). It was a good show. Got $230 ($20 of which was tips rest was cut of bar) and we gave $120 to Flips since they had driven up from Chicago (even though they played less than us). I couldn't hear my vocals well but I'm told they were fine. The new PA configuration was a little bit crowded (my mic faces speaker which is behind my head...so feeds back and you have to scoot towards bar) and I kept stepping on my cables and tuner and such and being too close to RS. The speaker behind my head kind of blew my hearing (too loud).

Set1:
Cecilia Ann
Rock Music
Bone Machine
Allison
Isla
Broken
Velvety
Dead
Monkey
Bird
Space
Subb
Distance = Rxt
La La Love
Ed
Vamos
Caribou
I Bleed
Holiday
Wave

Set2:
In Heaven
Wave UK
Debaser
River
Planet of Sound, Alec Eiffel, Is She Weird (all cut for time)
Ana
Crackity Jones
Something Against You
Blown Away
Gigantic
Manta Ray
Hey
Here Comes Your Man
Nimrod (cut for time)
Where is My Mind
Gouge Away
Tame

(originally planned Gouge and Tame in opposite order...but got told only one more song and let audience pick which. Then bar allowed an encore).

No comments:

Post a Comment