Monday, November 19, 2012

Zoom G2 Pedal

About a year and a half ago one of my bandmates gave me a Zoom G2 guitar effects pedal. It was his dad's and dad didn't like it and he didn't need it and then it was mine.

I'm not really much into effects. I don't understand them and I'm not sure I like them. But at the time I was thinking about recording an album of Breeder's covers and it seemed a multi-effects pedal would come in handy.  Then I figured out that I can't play guitar like Kim OR Kelley Deal...never mind sing like them...and that whole plan went down the tubes (there just isn't much call for an all drum and bass Breeder's cover album). And so the Zoom got packed up again.

Someone recently suggested that I look into effects to add a little something, something to one of my projects, and so before buying new pedals, I thought I'd pull out the G2 again last night.

I'm sure that, in the world of effects pedals, this thing is crap. But I was surprised to find that it models 16 different distortion pedals...as well as just about every main kind of effect that exists. For someone like myself who knows nothing about effects...in the very least this thing could provide an education by trial and error. If I fiddle with it. Of course...I'm historically bad at fiddling.

No comments:

Post a Comment