Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tommy Lee

Speaking of hard rocking roll fills...

Tommy Lee of Motley Crue

Motley Crue is one in a long line of groups that I never paid any attention to whatsoever. We'll throw Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Motorhead, and Judas Priest in that pile too (Wikipedia throws Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple into that group too, though I always associated them with a different genre and era. And then there is Blue Oyster Cult). Perhaps Motley Crue is less heavy metal than they are hard rock. I sense they are more mainstream as well. "Glam metal"

Anyway...never listened to em. But Tommy Lee is a famous drummer.

First off is Smokin in the Boys Room, which I'm trying to learn the intro to currently. You can hear it pretty well here. The other videos seem like they are just jerking off to me. They seem a little bit like a joke. Someone somewhere takes this stuff seriously I'm sure (like Kiss).



No comments:

Post a Comment