Monday, November 1, 2010

CJ, Mickey's, 10/30/10

I was really disappointed about this show. I thought it was gonna be great. But it was just weird. People were really drunk and moshing and falling down through the first two acts and it just was pissing me off. Then we took the stage. We had hoped to start at 12:30 but didn't start playing until about 1:15am. As a result we had to cut several songs.

I was borrowing an amp and when I got up there I couldn't get it to work. I also couldn't get either one of the two tuners I brought to work, and the bass had been in the car for hours in the cold. Well duh...bad cable. By the time I figured that out it was time to start...so I had to delay to tune. Then I was totally freaked out and it fucked with me for the rest of the show. My legs were shaking. I kept dropping notes...getting lost.

To make things worse, the bass amp was set up on the wrong side of the stage, so we stood in the wrong places. And the vocal monitors weren't working. My vocals went ok, not great, in light of this, cause I had the PA speaker right behind me.

Anyway...I was totally disappointed in my performance. Pissed me off cause I played the entire set that morning mistake-free. So it wasn't that I didn't know the songs. I also wasn't drunk at all.

It's so annoying that you work really hard at something and then when it comes time to show other people...all of these external factors fuck it up. You get a late start. The equipment fails. The turnover is too quick and you can't get settled and properly set up. You get freaked out and it blows the entire set for you. Sucks.

RS dressed as "Broken Face" CT dressed as "Where Is My Mind?" EH dressed as "Monkey Gone to Heaven" and I dressed as "No. 13 Baby". Photos to come.

Setlist:
THE SAD PUNK
SOMETHING AGAINST YOU
I BLEED
BROKEN FACE
DEAD
MONKEY GONE TO HEAVEN
GOUGE AWAY
ED IS DEAD
LA LA LOVE YOU
NO. 13 BABY
SUBBACULTCHA
BONE MACHINE
GIGANTIC
WAVE OF MUTILATION
HERE COMES YOUR MAN
NIMROD'S SON
VAMOS (skipped this for time)
DEBASER
CRACKITY JONES(skipped this for time)
WHERE IS MY MIND?
MONSTER MASH
MR. GRIEVES(skipped this for time)

No comments:

Post a Comment