Monday, July 26, 2010

SSW, July 25th, High Noon Saloon

This was kind of a weird show. I had been to a party that afternoon outside in the sun and had some beers. So by the time I got to the High Noon I was coming down from that and feeling a little dehydrated and headachy. I also didn't get a proper nap. Got to HNS around 7pm and ate the nice spread they had out for the bands and then took a nap in my car for about an hour. We were supposed to go on at 10pm, but we didn't take the stage until after 10:30pm. It felt like it took a long time for switchover for some reason. I used Underculture's kit...including cymbals. Used my own throne, pedal, snare, and snare stand. The kit had two toms on a stand off to left and ride low on right. Better than the way he used to have it set up. I ignored the left-most tom. Left most crash was a little far away and high hats were really high. But I managed to play it pretty easily.

(note that I couldn't get the high hat to add to the above image for some reason)

I had a couple of cokes and glasses of water before the show. Felt ok by the time the show started. Sound was a little goofy. There's this one sound guy there that I never seem to really like the way he sets things up. Sound in the audience was good...the monitors were just weird. I think it's because we didn't really do a full sound check.

There were lots of odd things going on on stage. Can't put my finger on why, but we didn't seem in touch with one another. I think I played pretty well. Didn't make any major mistakes and got the new tunes off pretty well. I think I might be getting a little bored with our set. I also wish we did quicker transitions between the songs. I tried to force that a bit last night...and we talked about it before the show...but it just seemed to throw people off when I'd start songs quickly. Don't know...it was just a blah night.

Had the required couple of women come tell me how great I was. I'm getting sick of that. They don't know drumming from shit...they are really just saying "wow...I'm too chicken shit to try something like playing rock drums and I'm projecting that on to you." I don't know what's worse...being told I'm great just because people perceive me as female and they don't think women can play drums/bass...or the fact that they assume me to identify as female in the first place. Or if it's just annoying that people...and so many women...are too lame to try to do anything for themselves.

Set list:

1. THIS SIDE OF PARADISE
2. THE WAY I LOVE YOU
3. YOU STUPID FUCKING LIBERALS
4. HATE & WAR
5. I HATE THE RICH
6. SUSPECT DEVICE
7. HELICOPTER
8. DANCE (4X) TO THE RADIO
9. BOSCOBEL BREAKOUT
10. TEENAGE KICKS
11. WE ARE THE ONE
12. POLITICAL SONG FOR MICHAEL JACKSON TO SING
13. MR. SUIT
14. WARSAW
15. NEW ROSE
16. FUCKED UP AND WASTED
17. THAT'S HOW I ESCAPED MY CERTAIN FATE

No comments:

Post a Comment