Monday, August 8, 2011

Lately and Detroit 442 update

My posts are becoming more navel-gazey and less informative. So here's the update on Detroit 442:

Sunday I sat down and played the damn thing front to back all the way through the first time without a hitch. I've altered the extended chorus section, but it has the feel of the original and I'm still hauling ass there and not really giving up on the hard stuff. I kinda think the original version has too many fills there anyway.

I think I've mentioned before that I have about one great playing day, one lousy playing day, and five middle of the road playing days a week. Sunday was the great day. Couldn't do a single thing wrong. I worry that Tuesday's rehearsal...where I must display all of this talent...will be when my body and brain decide to stop talking to one another. But oh well...

11:59 is still a bear and I've kind of given up on the left foot stuff for the moment. I think I'll get all of the rest of it just fine soon. Honestly I'm sure that no one would be any the wiser if I left out the open hi hat stuff at the gig...but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of trying to learn this Clem Burke stuff. I haven't decided what I'll do yet. I've got almost 12 weeks to work it out or give up. It is such a depressing thing that it is hard to focus on for too long without getting totally discouraged...so I'm trying to not worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment