Tuesday, January 21, 2014

SVFD Jan 20th Frequency

Cold and light snow. Opened for Something To Do and The Toasters. My amp was really buzzy so I unplugged my pedal and ran straight through the amp. Ground lift didn't help. Don't know if it was related to amp being cold...or that I was using a new 6er plug...or what. Just fucking weird and random. The stand light that I bought because of the Jan 10th show ended up being WAY TOO BRIGHT. Blinded me with reflection off the page. Ended up not needing it because they basically left the house lights on on stage ...or it felt like that. I put a piece of paper over the light for next time. The audience was oddly quiet. Between the lights and the audience, the vibe was really, really weird. Really dead.

We argued about the set list until the last minute.

I've been feeling grumbly about things lately, but I was more relaxed last night than on Jan 10th and my playing was better. Still not "perfect" but respectable.

Setlist:
Wallet
Lemuel
Metro
Sergio
I Will Survive
Point/Counterpoint
Thigh High
Spiderwebs
Lost Again
Red Rubber
Rascal

No comments:

Post a Comment