Monday, July 18, 2011

Pixies Update

I haven't really been practicing Pixies much lately. I work on it maybe once every two weeks...and then just the songs that I know give me trouble. We don't have a set list yet for the Sept 9th show, so I don't know what to brush up on really. I suspect we will play the drop D duo Alec Eiffel and Planet of Sound...so I played those on Sunday. Alec Eiffel is one that has never stuck with me for some reason.

I also decided to play forward into the songs that we haven't learned yet. The remaining list is something like the following 39 songs:

Ain't That Pretty at All
All Over The World
Ana
Bailey's Walk

Bam Thwok
Bird Dream of the Olympus Mons
Blown Away

Boom Chicka Boom
Born in Chicago
Brackish Boy (unreleased)
Build High
Cecilia Ann
Dancing The Mantra Ray
Distance Equals Rate Times Time

Evil Hearted You
Hang on to Your Ego
Hang Wire
Havalina

I Can't Forget
In Heaven
I've Been Waiting For You
Lovely Day
Make Believe
Motorway to Roswell
Navajo Know
Rock A My Soul
Rock Music
Santo
Silver
Space
Stormy Weather
The Happening

The Thing
Theme from Narc
Velvety Instrumental Version
Wave of Mutilation UK
Weird At My School
Wild Honey Pie
Winterlong


We aren't going to learn all of these, though I'd like to. It's stupid to even bother, though, and I get that. Most of the covers and B-sides aren't worth learning. I've bolded the ones above that I think we ought to learn (looks to be 22 songs)...which is most of the songs off albums (minus Cecilla Ann, a cover, and Navajo Know...cause that song sucks), a few of the cooler B-sides, and a couple of covers they are known for.

I didn't make it through the whole list of potentials yesterday, but I was surprised at how far along I'd left the tab. Most of these are ready to play...and many of them aren't hard. There's only a handful that really need much work at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment