Monday, October 24, 2011

Breeders Early Progress

I've been around the internet long enough to know that I am foolish for thinking that no one reads this blgo. If I truly wanted no one to read it I should make it private or record the information off line. But still, at times like this I'm glad to have a place to blather on about things that, in theory, no one reads. Why I feel compelled to put this on the internet in the first place is probably best left to my therapist.

I'm glad because I started working on the Breeders stuff again this weekend and I'm SO EXCITED! And I guess I don't want people to ask me about it or give me their opinion or any of the other things that happen when people read something you've posted on the internet.

I tried playing the drums for all 14 songs and I think that, aside from charting out a few little odd changes or parts, the drums will be no problem to nail down (other than all of the issues of recording oneself and synching up the parts). I also sang through the lead parts on all of the songs and I think I'll be able to handle them.

I worked on bass and lead guitar for Bang On, Divine Hammer, and I think a couple of others but I can't remember which ones at the moment. Lots of good progress. In the end I think the hardest part of everything will be the rhythm guitar parts. I envision lots of hours of watching video of Kim Deal. How tragic.

Anyway...it is starting to feel like the kind of thing that I probably COULD knock out in a couple of months of frantic weekend and evening work. It's the kind of thing that you sit down for what you think will be a half hour and when you look up at the clock four hours have passed in the blink of an eye. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment