Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lately...Surprisingly Upbeat Edition

Normally when I make a "lately" post it is all gloom and doom about how much I suck.

Not this time.

I think that I am totally pleased with my drumming for Peroxide and my bass playing and singing for Labia in the Sunlight. With ten days left until the show...only nerves and sudden brain fart can stand in my way of a great performance (well...that and booze).

I'm not sure that it has ever been the case that I've felt so good about my abilities and proud of my progress. It's kind of bizarre.

Oh sure, I've taken some short cuts on some things...but I feel okay about that. And I'm not so much proud as aware that I SHOULD be proud. This Blondie/Flaming Lips thing kind of nearly did me in. It felt insurmountable. And now it is done. I learned the songs. They are reasonably right.

Soon enough there will be new challenges and a whole new round of self-doubt. But I should remember that things do get accomplished. And not let those accomplishments pass so quickly unacknowledged.

No comments:

Post a Comment