Monday, October 29, 2012

CJ as Mirror People at Mickey's 10/27/2012

CJ played as Mirror People (Love and Rockets) and played all of Earth Sun Moon at Mickey's for Halloween with Pink Floyd and Nick Cave as openers.

Well...we wanted to play the entire album. Pink Floyd had some set up trouble and started way late and probably went longer than we'd expected. Change over took longer for all bands than expected. In short...for a show that was advertised to start at 10pm with 3 bands...the last band (us) went on at 1:45am. This breaks our previous record of getting put off until 1:40am at Inferno. Luckily bar time was 2:30am...but even so we had to cut the last two songs from the set.

I played pretty well though I was discombobbled. More from quick turn over than from having gone to a show at the Shitty Barn the same night. I still feel like my amp cuts in and out but I can't really narrow down when and how. We played well as a group. The sax was awesome.

I could get all bummed out about the circumstances...but I think I need to adjust my expectations. Or we just need to stop agreeing to go last. It's easy to get upset about putting in lots of prep work into something that never comes to full fruition...but I'm just setting myself up for disappointment if I don't think this won't happen again and again. Some people are inconsiderate or ill prepared...and sometimes things happen that are beyond everyone's control. Either way...shit happens. Getting upset about it just makes me a victim twice.

I had one beer after the show and none before or during. The turnout was really good and enthusiastic and stayed until the bitter end (even 15 minutes after last call). Even though it was packed, we only made $87...which seemed really, really low. I don't know if we got less than 1/3 or if it only seemed crowded cause everyone was in the front room. It was cold so the back patio might have been more sparse than usual.

Setlist:
Mirror People
The Light
Welcome Tomorrow
No New Tale to Tell
Here On Earth
Lazy
Waiting for the Flood
Rain Bird
The Telephone Is Empty
Everybody Wants to Go To Heaven
Earth Sun Moon (cut for time)
Youth (cut for time)






No comments:

Post a Comment