Friday, May 3, 2013

SVFD Demo

SVFD is putting together a 3 song demo. I was against doing this when it was first proposed because I felt we were under-rehearsed...I was worried about cost...and I was worried about how long it would take. People get excited about these things but rarely are prepared for what they are gettting into.

I take back my reservations.

Last night I went and laid down my parts. One take each. In and out in 30 minutes. Were the performances perfect? No. But I imagine they'll be manipulated. I'm not a big fan of that, but in this case I suspect it will be minimal.

We've crammed in enough rehearsals and gigs since my initial misgivings, that I think this is actually the right time to be doing this now.We're getting the demo for free and the person doing it seems to know enough to do a decent job for a demo at least. If it is as efficiently done for everyone as it was for me, it will be completed very quickly.  And then we'll have something in hand to book with.

Booking...that's a whole 'nother mess. But maybe I should keep my big pessimistic mouth shut about that. These people seem to be pros.

No comments:

Post a Comment