Monday, February 8, 2010

Rock Band

I played the video game Rock Band for the first time last night. I've picked it up on demos in stores before, but last night was the first time I sat in someone's living room and played the game. I find the guitar controllers difficult to use, but my strategy of learning to use them by playing the bass parts on "easy" seemed to be going okay. When I've tried the drums in stores in the past it has been a disaster. Last night though, it went smooth as pie. It was nearly like playing regularly drums...though the bass drum is a little odd/irregular. Also, it is like sight reading a part that could throw any odd thing at you at any time. Sight reading is hard enough...this was worse. Still it was a good time. And I sweated. It requires a lot of concentration. The drums are definitely (besides the vocals) the closest to a real instrument. The guitar/bass stuff is like something entirely different from the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment