Friday, March 5, 2010

SXSW Trip

I haven't blogged about this topic much here, but I'm going to SXSW...or at least NEAR SXSW (I don't have tickets). My main goal is to watch as many drummers and bass players as possible and to take something away from that. Listening to the music overall is kind of secondary...cause I know that I'll get bored of that quickly and want to go take a nap. Intensely watching people play tends to hold my attention more.

I have another blog going about the trip itself, but I'll likely cross post here things of specific musical-technique interest.

It's a car trip and I'll be stopping in Memphis, New Orleans, Houston, Austin, and Dallas. Memphis is essentially a musical trip in itself, and I'll be there for a day and a half. Lots of rock and soul museum stuff and probably live music too. New Orleans will also probably involve some live music. Live music possible in Houston/Dallas too.

To pass the downtime, I'm bringing a practice pad and sticks, as well as a ukulele tuned like a bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment