Wednesday, March 31, 2010

SSW, March 30, High Noon Saloon

We got added a few days beforehand to open for B'dum B'dum. Hum Machine was supposed to play, but one of its members got a pulmonary embolism. The show started at 6pm and we played first.

I was a little worried how the show was going to go because I've been out of town and away from the drum kit for a few weeks...the band hasn't had many practices since the last show...and I've been super busy this month and not able to practice much. At dress rehearsal I felt unsteady in my playing.

But all was well. I thought we played pretty great. My playing was solid. A few slips, but nothing major. I can tell my endurance is down, but I made it through.

I brought my own kit. I ate a slice of pizza an hour before the show and drank two pints of spotted cow and one bottle of PBR before the show. Drank a second PBR and a glass of water during the show. Got a decent amount of sleep the night before, but no nap day of. SSW made $80, which estimating how much money was taken to pay the sound and door...I estimate we had 50 people in attendance, which is really pretty decent for a happy hour show. Lots in attendance were our people. Also impressive since we were added to the bill just days before the show. One guy was blown away by Helicopter and wouldn't shut up about it.

Set List:
1. BOSCOBEL BREAKOUT
2. YOU STUPID FUCKING LIBERALS
3. HELICOPTER
4. NEW ROSE
5. FABLE
6. TEENAGE KICKS
7. DANCE (4X) TO THE RADIO
8. MR. SUIT
9. MANIAC
10. WE ARE THE ONE
11. POLITICAL SONG FOR MICHAEL JACKSON TO SING
12. THIS SIDE OF PARADISE
13. THE WAY I LOVE YOU
14. WARSAW
15. FUCKED UP AND WASTED
16. SUSPECT DEVICE

No comments:

Post a Comment