Monday, April 5, 2010

Everlong

I keep hearing songs and thinking, "if I can learn to play THAT drum part...THEN I'll actually be decent." Then I either forget about the song...or learn it...and then it doesn't seem like such a big deal. And I still don't feel like I'm any good.

I proposed that the new grunge band learn Everlong by Foo Fighters. I hadn't really listened to it very carefully before making the suggestion. It's kind of hard.

I've spent some time with it now and I at least think I know what he's doing. I'm still working on being able to do it though. It requires both good independence and endurance.

Here they are playing it on Letterman


And another live version...there's tons of videos out there.


The drummers for Foo Fighters have been William Goldsmith and Taylor Hawkins. I think that it is Hawkins in both clips, but it looks like maybe Dave Grohl played the drum part on the recording. Wiki says "Although Taylor Hawkins appears in the video as the drummer, Dave Grohl actually plays the drum track on the original album recording, as Hawkins had not yet joined the band."

No comments:

Post a Comment