Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Using MuseScore

I used MuseScore today to transcribe Everlong. It takes a while to learn the quirks of the program, and it DOES crash alot. But today it behaved pretty well and I knew to constantly save. I spent several hours working with it and I think it crashed like four times. It really doesn't like when you delete lots of stuff or mess with text. Most other things it'll survive.

I've still got lots of fine points to work on with this song, but I definitely have a better idea how it goes now. Some of the triplet-esque fills aren't notated correctly here in particular (couldn't figure out how to do triplets in MuseScore...plus the pattern changes slightly each time he plays it and I'm not 100% what it is, but what is here is approximate). Click on image to make bigger (though it won't get to full size...picture is just to give an idea).


I will have to break some muscle memory and build some independence...not to mention a little speed...but I think I can learn this before next week's rehearsal. I believe the recording is played at about 157 bpm, which isn't crazy, but is a good clip for 16th notes.

1 comment:

  1. If you discover a series of steps that causes MuseScore to crash, please report them on the forums. Be sure to mention what version you are using.

    ReplyDelete