Monday, March 11, 2013

td, Frequency, 3/9/2013 (cd release)

Tyranny Is Tyranny and 4 Aspirin Morning played too.

We sold 6 cds and made $95 at the door (our band share). A decent number of people were in attendance despite the rain but not busting out the sides or anything.

Two beers before, one after. That's three beers too many...but it was not a factor in my performance. It was, however, a factor in my heartburn, lack of sleep later, and general feeling of repeat stupidity.

We played well. The drums were miced well and sounded great. I bled. Missed intro to Gun in Your Grave cause bass pedal was stuck on snare stand but fixed quickly enough so that no one but us noticed. Threw a stick clear over to RS. Forgot to go to outro on HSUL but my ever-helpful bass man gave me the eyeball and I was in it soon enough. Overall I played very well (could not have hoped to play better really) and the evening was a success.

Overwhelming impressions of the evening...at least half of the people who came up to me to say hello who obviously I was supposed to know I did not have any idea who they were. Context clues got me through. Clearly I ignore most people that I meet in life and am an ass.

After gig interactions with crowd were annoying as per usual but in new and different ways. Again, clearly I am an ass. I probably should never leave my house.  That said, plenty of people said we sounded great and I believed them and was not annoyed by them. As always, it is the people who want to reflect on gender and gender roles and to make more out of things as they are than there is that annoy me most. And drunks (present company included). And those with communicable deseases.

Setlist to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment