Monday, March 24, 2014

TD, Mickey's, 3/22/2014

Played with Stereo Side Effects and Old Buffalo Money. Everyone shared my drum kit (there was a bit of unnecessary fretting about this, it seemed, but it all worked out okay in the end). We played well. I played well. Dropped a stick on "Hold You Under" that caused me to miss the transition to the "hard part" but oh well. Something weird happened during "At the Door" where AS skipped a beat and then that made JP skip a measure...but we all came back together...only to somehow diverge again. But we kept playing and all ended together. Not sure how we managed that. I felt good that I stayed with JP and that we didn't stop. We are well rehearsed and that feels really, really good.

Crowd was medium sized and enthusiastic. They danced. They asked for an encore and we played "Faghatland." We brought down $85 for our band...a decent haul at Mickey's. I had one of those "it's so cool that you're a girl drummer" gals come up to me after the show but I had to run and get something out of my car before she could drool too much on me.I think I handled it better than I have in the past (i.e. I was nicer to her).

Setlist:
1 is for Man
Some Delirium
Going Down the Drain
Hold U Under
Better N Better
Gotta Tell U
Bodies a Burnin
Whole Damn World
At the Door
KUKU
Gun in Your Grave
HSUL

No comments:

Post a Comment