Monday, June 2, 2014

Breeders Project Update

Up to 8 tunes posted now. Seven more are in process and close to done. Picked out 10 more to work on next cause I decided that I totally love doing this even if it IS kind of embarrassing.

It's the little things...

Case in point. When I recorded "Huffer" I played the guitar "solo" straight through. In real life Kim and Kelley exchange parts on this as call and response. It bothered me that it didn't sound like two people playing on my recording. But I didn't want to re-record it as two separate lines cause...well that would be hard. So instead I took the line of myself playing it all and copied it and pasted it into two new tracks. One track I panned right and deleted every other part. The other I panned left and deleted the opposite parts. The result sounds like two people playing like on the original. I'm very please with myself about this.

I know that this is just the kind of digital tom-foolery that Kim hates...but it is fun to learn how to use the software and to make it sound kinda like the original. I'm "fixing" very little. It's all me on there...even the mistakes for the most part.

See 1:14 through 1:24 on the recording below.

No comments:

Post a Comment