Monday, June 16, 2014

Breeders Tribute Part One Update

19 songs
6 weeks
boom...done

Cannonball
Flipside
Hag
Full on Idle
Roi
Huffer
Divine Hammer
Saints
Invisible Man
I Just Wanna Get Along
Do You Love Me Now
No Aloha
Son of Three
New Year
Drivin' on 9
Roi Reprise
Mad Lucas
Off You
SOS

I'm calling this first 19 songs "Part One" now. I fully intend to do more, but I need to work on other things for awhile. This project was becoming a reason to avoid other obligations, so I gotta stop for awhile.  

"Part One" was done over a period of 6 weeks, but I was trying to figure out how much time EXACTLY was spent. I didn't work on it at all for 10 days of that time because I was out of town. And somewhere about two weeks into the project I nearly gave up on it entirely because "the guitar parts were too hard." So I'm sure there were some fallow days around that time. I figure about 4 hours a day for 5 weekends and an average of an hour a day on weekdays. So that's about 60 total hours of work or so. That's to arrange all the parts from scratch or internet tab (such as it was), learn the parts, record the parts, mix the songs.  The only cheat on that is that I'd been working on learning some of the drum parts for about a year and I knew parts here or there for a few of the other songs. But 90%+ of the parts I learned in those 6 wks, sometimes moments before recording. The songs include rhythm guitar, lead guitar, bass, keyboard, violin, cello, drums and vocals. There are only two sampled parts...on "Mad Lucas" and on "Off You"...the weird Moog noises. All the rest is me playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment