Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Getting Into Character

So in a good faith effort to be a dutiful tribute band member, I've been searching for ways to make myself look more like Kim Deal. Thinking about growing my hair out for a circa 1980s KD look...but that'll take a while (I have a wig that fits the bill, but who can stand to wear a wig on a hot stage...millions of actors perhaps, but not me). Lucky for me she cut her hair short a few years back, so I can just say I'm doing her later days look.

How to dress is harder to pin down. Early on she seemed to wear some cute little girlie tops, but eventually it devolved into t-shirts...and lately into longer sleeves/vests/coats. She must get cold on stage now. Not me. I'm a sweaty, sweaty man.

The one thing I've had to latch onto is concert footage from London in 1988. It's all over YouTube and I think it might have been made into a concert film. At that show she's wearing a grey UCLA t-shirt:



I spent a LONG time looking for this, seemingly common, shirt online with no luck. I found a similiar shirt, but it didn't come in grey and was more money than I wanted to spend. Finally I settled on the closest thing I could find for under $20. It is now on its way to me, hopefully in time for the May 19th gig:

No comments:

Post a Comment