Monday, May 3, 2010

SSW & CJ, 4/24/10, Frequency

Played my first double header.

Crackity Jones, in which I play bass and sing, opened for Seven Stone Weaklings, in which I play drums and sing. Show started pretty close to 10pm, maybe 10:15. I was home at 12:30am. I ate a good dinner around 6pm. Drank a cup of coffee around 8pm. Had two Bud lights prior to show and a 3rd plus 3/4 of a double Jagermeister on the rocks during the first set. Think I sweated everything out immediately. I also had about 2 pints of water before and 4 pints during show.

Cracity Jones soundchecked without bass. I had them turn up my vocals in my monitor. I did NOT play with ear plugs.

First set went pretty well, but was wiped out for second. Had to modify some drum parts to eliminate fast rolls because I was just too tired to execute. I don't think anyone was the wiser. Set change was a bitch, had to go straight from set one to modifying drum kit for set two. Didn't get to take a break. I played Eric's kit mostly...though I removed his left crash and put up Kathy's straight stand with a splash on it instead and I used my own snare stand (with his snare), throne, and bass pedal (I put on the felt beater). Adjusted his floor tom up and his ride as far left as it could go (still too far right for my tastes, but doable). This worked pretty well. I really am glad I brought my pedal. I don't like his Iron Cobra.

Even though I was tired, my feet worked well and SSW set went pretty good. I was sweating like a whore on dollar day. Got up next morning and caught a 7am flight. This I do not recommend.

We got lots of compliments. People said it was accurate (Pixies) and sound guy said I sounded like Kim Deal (I assume he meant my voice). One guys was pretty crazed, came up and told me how great it was...how Pixies convinced him to play bass...how great we were. I kind of thought he wanted to hug me. I was busy packing out and just said thanks.

Crackity Jones setlist:
1. Bone Machine
2. Break My Body
3. Something Against You
4. Broken Face
5. Gigantic
6. River Euphrates
7. Where Is My Mind?
8. Cactus
9. Tony's Theme
10. Oh My Golly
spoken interlude (You Fucking Die)
11. Vamos
spoken interlude (Field Hockey Players)
12. I'm Amazed
13. Brick Is Red
14. Caribou

SSW setlist:
1. PART TIME PUNKS
2. DON'T GIVE ME NO LIP CHILD
3. TEENAGE KICKS
4. BOSCOBEL BREAKOUT
5. DANCE (4X) TO THE RADIO
6. HELICOPTER
7. NEW ROSE
8. FABLE
9. MR. SUIT
10. POLITICAL SONG FOR MICHAEL JACKSON TO SING
11. WE ARE THE ONE
12. HATE AND WAR
13. EVERYBODY'S HAPPY NOWADAYS
14. MANIAC
15. SUSPECT DEVICE
16. WARSAW
17. FUCKED UP AND WASTED

No comments:

Post a Comment