Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fundamentals Week 7

We're on the home stretch now. This week is half time shuffle (and also paradiddles) and the assignment is Rosanna by Toto:


I can play the song. I can't play the song AS WRITTEN...but if you asked me to play it on stage at High Noon ten minutes from now I could do it kinda. I'm having a little trouble both with playing the hi hat as fast as I'm supposed to, keeping it up for 9+ pages, and getting it along with the bass drum. Bass drum + snare I can play pretty much correctly.

There's an etude which I'm totally going to not play right and I kind of don't care.

For sure my attitude has shifted on the course...probably for the worse in terms of playing well...but probably for the better in mental health terms. I'm still doing the work...but trying not to take it so hard that I'm not at a certain level. I'm where I am...and that's the only place I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment