Thursday, February 2, 2012

More Thoughts on Berklee

The feedback that I've gotten from the Berkleee instructor has been strange. He picks up on strange things that don't seem all that important to me and misses things that seem like a big deal to me.

I particularly liked when he told me to work on better synching of my video and audio files. Yeah...they aren't synched dude...it's one file.

This week (last week's assignment) he said I should try to have fun with the song. So...have you ever tried to have fun while reading sheet music that you aren't familiar with? It's hard. When I know a song well I can have fun. When I'm reading tiny dots 3 feet away I have to focus. We only have a week to learn these songs. If all I had to do was kind of play them like them seem I could have fun. But if you want me to read them note for note...well it's reading dude.

Anyway...all of this reinforces to me that the feedback portion of this course isn't that useful except in that it forces deadlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment