Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lately

I don't even really know what to say. It feels a little like time has accelerated in the last few days. 

I am now in 4 bands, and ironically this isn't bothering me much and isn't part of the acceleration of time. That all feels very much in hand and that's more than I can say for the rest of life. Upcoming teaching obligations and travel and work tasks are looming a bit...causing me to freak out. In short...there is much that will happen between now and labor day. One can really only take a deep breath...jump in the water...and hope that there's enough air to last until September.

The new baby band is serving the purpose for which it was meant, namely providing me a way to learn to write bass lines. It's less dramatic than I thought it would be and my instincts are way better than I thought they were. I worry that I'm writing horribly boring bass lines...but in truth they've been ones that worked and that served the song in question. And that's a damn good start. And I'm stretching my hands and stretching my brain and thinking of things from a theory standpoint and also from a "box" standpoint...and that's all good.

TD will add back in a couple of old tunes and I think that'll be fine.

CJ already has the 4 new tunes pretty well in hand. I even seem to have mastered the vocal harmonies with very little pain. We surprise ourselves all the time with how good we've gotten at being a tribute to a certain four people. It seems to get easier and easier.

SSW will play two more acoustic shows and then who knows. But that too is all fine and well.

I'd like to be practicing fundamentals more...like I'd planned...but it is all okay. Truly.

Time for a deep breath. See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment