Friday, May 2, 2014

Breeders Trib Update

Day three was vocals for no other reason than I was in good voice on the drive home from work and hitting all those low-as-fuck KiD notes without my voice frogging so I went for it.

Lead Vox tracks (and most backing vox) now done for:
Cannonball
Divine Hammer
Do You Love Me Now
Full on Idle
Hag
Huffer
I Just Wanna Get Along
New Year
No Aloha
Saints
Son of Three

Had to look up lyrics for Roi (yes I know it only has one line, but I didn't know what it was) and Invisible Man today on interwebs.

Drums:
Accidentally erased drums for Hag, but the rest of above are done for drum tracks too.

Bass done for: 
Cannonball
Divine Hammer
Son of Three
Hag

Guitar:
Some guitar done for Divine Hammer as well. Downloaded a bunch of tab/chords and live video so I can try to figure out the guitar parts. This will by far be the hardest thing for me and will likely come out the worst (even worse than vox...shocking!). Note that I found out there is a Last Splash sheet music book published in 1994 but it costs between $30 and $100 online. And by the time it arrived I'd be all done anyway.

Probably will try to do SOS (once I master it) and Driving on 9 (cause it is easy) too. Off You is floating around as well (did guitar/vox but not happy with them).

I definitely have decided that this will be a "quick and done" project. I know that it can never be perfect because I'm just not that good at recording/mixing and my vocal and guitar skills can't catch up in time to ever make this great within the next year or so. So instead I'll just power through and shoot to be done as quickly as possible. I still like the idea of a title that hearkens to "90 in 90" but using whatever the final song count is (15-20 tunes) and an equal number of days of recording. If I take two weeks on this project that means I've still got two full weekends ahead of me and surely that will be plenty of time plus whatever gets done week nights. A crazy idea to learn and record that many songs in a couple of weeks, but the speed of completion ends up being part of the fun and the accomplishment.

But we'll see what these guitar parts have in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment