Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Breeders Trib Update

Rerecorded the drums for Hag last night as I'd inadvertently erased them.

Don't have the "cut sheet" (is that a term? is it the right term? who knows?) with me but I can say that I've recorded pretty much all of the drums and bass and vocals for like 14 or so tunes. Also have a few lead and rhythm guitar parts in the can. Most of what remains is leads that I just haven't bothered to figure out yet and rhythm guitar that I have to figure out and couldn't play yet even if I knew what it was.

But what I will say is this. My enthusiasm for the project, white hot as it once was, is waning.

I think it is a combination of listening to my own voice on tape and thinking "I never want anyone else to hear that" and being a bit daunted by the rhythm guitar parts. It DOES remind me though, that if I just put a little time into the guitar I probably could master barre and power chords and be oh-so-much better off for it. But for now it hurts my brain and my hands and my pride.

The drum and bass parts, and even a few lead guitar parts, sound OUTSTANDING though. Considering ripping just those to mp3 and posting somewhere. It sort of makes you realize that drum and bass form the core of The Breeders tunes, which had not occurred to me before. They are groo-vy.

I think I best push through this weekend and get as much as possible accomplished, export some mixes, and be resigned to the fact that the thing will proceed no further until some day many years ago when, by that time, I'll have forgotten again how to use all the equipment and will be so horrified with the quality of the performances that I will no doubt start over at that time.

But it does shock one what can be accomplished in just a week or so when one is driven by invisible forces to do something pointless.

No comments:

Post a Comment