Monday, December 14, 2009

John Maher

There's been too much musing and navel gazing and self promotion in this venue over the last week...back to the drums.

On Saturday we opened for B'dum B'dum, which is a Buzzcocks tribute band in town. So here's my post on Buzzcocks drummer John Maher.

Maher was the Buzzcocks drummer from July 1976 until 1990, with a brief return in 1992. Other Buzzcocks drummers include Mick Singleton, Steve Garvey, Steve Gibson, Phil Barker, and Danny Farrant.

I don't know much what to say about Maher. I think I like his playing, but I really haven't listened very closely to anything but Everybody's Happy Nowadays. Here's a blog post about him, which seems to imply he's not very consistent. Hmmm. I'm not finding much else out there about his style, etc.

For your consideration:

Everybody's Happy Nowadays 1979


Ever Fallen in Love 1978


Autonomy


What Do I Get (I THINK this is Maher)


Why Can't I Touch It (I THINK this is Maher)

No comments:

Post a Comment