Monday, January 3, 2011

TD, Mickey's, 12/31/2010

Stopped by practice space and played two song warm up (HSUL and one other I've forgotten, maybe Gun in Your Grave). Setup at Mickey's was quick and not very stressful. When we arrived the tables and chairs were already gone and TNAMG had already set up the drum kit.

It was tall, as expected, and I used my own cymbals, snare, snare stand, and throne. The bass drum pedal wouldn't come off the hoop, and anyway he had a small bass drum so I would have had to adjust my pedal. I stuck with his, which was different than mine, but ok. His bass drum was super loud, which was great. I think it was a vintage pearl kit, one rack tom and a floor tom. The hardware was flimsy and old. He had a crappy rug that wasn't big enough and the weave was too loose to hold things in place. I was having sliding problems. And the right crash stand kept twisting sideways. Overall, not the worst borrowing situation, but it had it's moments. Also, I couldn't get the rack or floor tom to adjust down, so I played them high, but that didn't end up being a very big deal.

I think we played well. I goofed a couple of things, but probably nothing that the audience noticed. The boys played pretty well...something weird happened on one song, but we pulled it back together. Didn't drink at all that night. Had plenty of water. Didn't get much sleep night before but was off and napped all day.

Setlist:
Haven't Seen You Lately
Going Down the Drain
At the Door
Better N Better
Gun in Your Grave
It's Alright
Jack
Gotta Tell U
Vac Man

No comments:

Post a Comment