Friday, February 25, 2011

Is She Weird and Songsterr

I thought I had this down, but upon playing it with the boys it was clear something was off in the chorus. At a loss, I turned to Songsterr and all was revealed.

I've only used Songsterr for the few times that I've really gotten stuck on things. I've mostly tried to figure stuff out on my own first. But there's no denying that the easiest way is to go with Songsterr. What it does is add rhythm to tab and plays the song for you.

The site itself is free, but you get bonus stuff (like the ability to print the music or slow the song to half speed) if you join Songsterr Plus. It's pricey ($10 per month) and doesn't seem to add that much.

I might have done it at the start if it had occurred to me...but now that I have tab for every Pixies song and 75% have already been corrected...it seems like a waste. Perhaps if I ever start a new project that I require such things for. There are only four Flaming Lips bass tabs listed, so that project doesn't make it worth it (plus I think the bass parts are easy enough to learn by ear).

Ironically, there are 50 Pixies bass tabs on the site...and that's about where we are at with having the songs learned (it isn't the same 50 songs we know, though).

No comments:

Post a Comment