Monday, February 7, 2011

Pixies Fakebook Progress

I spent several hours this weekend going through the remaining Pixies songs that the band hasn't addressed yet and trying to correct the tab. I got pretty far.

I added:
Ana
All Over the World
Blown Away
Head On
Distance Equals Rate Times Time
Build High
Bailey's Walk
Dancing the Manta Ray
In Heaven (both versions)

The revised book is up here.

I have 20 originals yet to finalize, though all but about 6 of them are nearly complete. I'm anticipating that CJ is going to be taking a hiatus of sorts soon to work on the Flaming Lips one-off for Halloween. I'd kind of like to get the Fakebook finished before we get too deep into that so that the project won't die. I'm still hoping that CJ will at least learn all of the album songs, if not all the album songs and all the B-sides. We have 47 songs under our belts now. That leaves 19 album songs left to learn and 13 B-sides (32 total). I also kind of want to have a finished product to bring with me to Detroit on April 22nd to try and get signed by Kim Deal at the show (and MAYBE to give her a copy).

No comments:

Post a Comment