Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Potential New Projects

I have two potential projects for Halloween shows this year.
#1) playing drums in a Blondie tribute band
#2) playing bass in a Flaming Lips tribute band

Both probably will be "one-off" projects...if they get traction at all.

I sat down with Blondie's greatest hits this week and was able to knock most of them out pretty well. The trickest for me are Heart of Glass and Call Me. Heart of Glass I worked out many months ago. Call Me is tricky cause it mixes a disco hi-hat beat with a jazzy pattern. Just not something I'm used to. He (Clem Burke) uses it alot, though. Blondie provides a really nice exercise in open hi-hat stuff.

Call Me


I know pretty much nothing about the Flaming Lips. What I've listened to this week I like. Their bass player apparently did not play bass prior to joining the band...which seems to be my MO...both in my own life and as I emulate other bassists. So I think I'll be fine.

She Don't Use Jelly


Fight Test

No comments:

Post a Comment