Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blondie

We are a go for playing a Blondie tribute for Halloween...in addition to the Flaming Lips tribute.

I don't actually have a band to do this with yet...which seems kinda crazy, but also I'm not real worried about it. The key piece, besides the lead singer which is nailed down already (MW), is the keyboard player. I don't know many keyboard players. I asked Dr. K, but I think he's leaning against doing it. Which is too bad. I think he could pick it up with nearly no rehearsals. Keeping my fingers crossed. Looks like KS is in on bass and I'm gonna try to convince CT to play guitar. Not sure if we need a second guitar or not. Suppose I should figure that out.

I had been a little worried about learning the drum parts, but I'm starting to feel better about it. The whole reason I wanted to do this was to learn Clem Burke's drum parts...particularly the open hi hat stuff. I don't know if I'll nail everything perfectly by October, but I think I can get the point across.

Maybe I'll even get as good as this kid:
Call Me


Dreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment