Friday, April 1, 2011

The Marathon

On Wednesday CJ played through the proposed 46 song setlist for April 16th. Two 23 song sets. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal because we normally have 2-3hour rehearsals. But about 15 songs into each set I had to pee in a painful way. About 10 songs from the end I felt physically exausted and like I literally might fall down. The next day I noticed my left shoulder was kind of sore (from the bass strap). I almost, not quite, got a blister on my left index finger. There was some friendly debate at the end of rehearsal about whether this is such a hot idea.

It's not a hot idea...it's a HAWT idea.

I hope we go through with it. I've got about two weeks to build stamina. It is essentially two hours of music. It'd be cool to play the set every night from now until the show, but I can't imagine that I'm gonna find the time to do that. I suppose that when you are training for a marathon you don't run 26 miles every day for two weeks leading up to it.

And I gotta moderate my liquid intake day of show. Subtle balance between keeping the throat lubricated enough to sing for two hours and my bladder exploding.

No comments:

Post a Comment