Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lately

I've been a little remiss in updating RM, but it isn't for lack of musical developments.

Last night was the first gathering of the Flaming Lips tribute project. We listened to about 20 potential tunes and talked staging and props and players.

Next Tuesday is the first gathering of the Blondie tribute project. I think I've got committment from 2 guitars, a bass, a singer, and me on drums. The keys are still tentative...but he seems to be leaning our way. We'll see if anyone has strong opinions about the setlist or if we just play Best of Blondie and call it a day. I've been working the tunes and am making good progress. There will be a balance to strike betwee "close enough" and "what he really played." I'm trying to lean towards the real thing...but in the end it will be doable "one way or another".

The trip to see the Pixies had its ups and downs, but mostly up.

SSW is on a bit of an unplanned brief break and TD is starting to learn "new" (to me and the bass player) tunes (and is wrapping up recording the cd that I am not featured on). CJ has a show May 20th. It is themed "filth."

No comments:

Post a Comment