Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sad

It's been like a week or more now since I've played Pixies music. It'll be another 3 days at least...maybe 4...before I can play it again. It's been two weeks since our last rehearsal and it'll be a solid two more weeks before our next. I miss it. I don't mean the wrong thing by saying this...but the other bands, as much as I enjoy them, I don't mind taking time away from. I'm ok if we skip a few rehearsals or if I don't play the music on my own outside of rehearsals. But Pixies. I miss it.

I need to be thankful for this experience and all the things it has meant to me. I know that it won't last forever. Someday it might even end in a way that I can't really enjoy the memories...or maybe it won't. But someday it'll end. For now...I am so glad to have this thing in my life.

UPDATE 5/21/2012:
Played some tunes on Saturday and Sunday. I do have to say...I've forgotten a bunch already. The muscle memory is there and it does take over...but it is pretty shocking how quickly the total confidence in remembering the tunes fades. It's a good reminder that, as we work up to the full 89 songs (or as close to that number as we settle on getting) it's a good idea for me to try and get around to playing every single song at least once a month or more often if possible. Or they will fade. I'm very glad that I've mapped out the tab so diligently for the day when they do really fade. And it reminds me how important getting the tab correct and as detailed as possible is.

No comments:

Post a Comment