Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Somebody's Watching You

I've been blogging since about 2002 and have always had a love-hate relationship with the fact of other people reading my blog. In fact, my first blog had "big mistake" in the title...because I just knew it would be. And though it took over five years for it to be a mistake...it was in the end. Well...not a mistake...but a problem. Something I posted pissed someone off and there was a spiral of doom that led to me making that blog private.  Unable to contain myself, though, I went off and started two other blogs in which I did my damnest to
  1. be anonymous
  2. not post anything that could possible upset anyone
  3. not promote the blog
I figured that if people happened upon them that was fine...but they'd usually be people I'd never met and I felt best about that.  I realize that the internet is a scary-connected place though...and all that's here there and everywhere will eventually end up here there and everywhere. But I try to play dumb for now.

Anyway, blogger did this remodel a month or so ago and in general I don't like it...but part of what they added was lots of stats (I've largely ignored my Sitemeter) and just some more organization. I happened across comments today. COMMENTS! I had no idea that anyone had commented on anything ever. I don't get an email notice when it happens. Anyway...it is weird to know people are reading this...random people. People who have lots to say about what bass Kim Deal plays and all kinds of other things. Strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment