Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bass Nut Replacement

One of the basses at GRC had a broken nut. I noticed it back at LRC and it has annoyed me ever since because it is a decent bass otherwise. Finally, yesterday I went to Guitar Center and bought a generic P bass replacement nut for 12 bucks...and in about five minutes made the exchange. I had to sand the nut just a hair to get the width down to fit...but otherwise the old one popped out and the new one popped in with no problem. I didn't even bother putting any wood glue on the the thing. The bass plays pretty good. The action seems great with no adjustment to the nut height.

This marks my second nut replacement (I've also done one saddle/bridge replacement on an acoustic).

I'd like to get a little bit better at string changing and at adjusting string height and intonation. Thinking I should get CT to show me the best way to wrap a guitar string and then change a couple dozen at GRC to get myself in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment