Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cymbals...the final frontier

So the kit is coming together nicely. I'm happy with the drums, snare, pedal, throne, and hardware. But the cymbals still need tweaking.

I love my Zildjian New Beat hi hats. Those are keepers. I also love my 12" Wuhan splash.  And the Sabian AA crash (17"?) is also great.

I'm not totally happy with my ride selection and I'd like a different 16" crash. The Paiste 16" Colorsound, while a great cymbal, doesn't really sound right in the kit anymore. I cracked my CB 16" crash that I'd been using as a kind of China. As for rides, I've got a 302 Paiste which is kind of crap and Sabian AA El Sabor.  The El Sabor also doesn't sound quite right.

I think that I've decided that I like Sabian cymbals...preferrably the AA series. You don't see them around much though...usually you see AAX or HHX or HH.  So I'm keeping my eye out for an AA 16" crash and an AA ride used. No rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment