Monday, January 14, 2013

Practice

On Friday night I was exhausted after the end of 6 weeks of extra tasks and personal growth (and a show this night before). I intended to practice, but I just couldn't. I rested.

I still managed to play the ska set 4 times over the weekend and half of the 42 song Pixies set. For those who can't conceptualize this...it means I played bass for 5 hours over two days. PLUS I did some more in depth practice on the harder ska tunes...perhaps another hour's worth.  By Sunday night my back and shoulders were killing me and it was hard to keep feeling in my hands.

I feel like it isn't too much to ask to be able to play for 6 hours out of 48.  I need to figure this out. I think the key is less weekend warrior and more daily practice. And learning to relax. Surely my posture and technique is contributing to these issues.

Sad fact...even after all that practicing I still am screwing lots of things up. But on the bright side, I've got 11 of the 13 ska songs memorized now...if tenuously. It feels like they will fall out of my head at any moment. The first show is in 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment