Thursday, February 14, 2013

Buy Our Record

Today anyone in the world with unfettered internet access can purchase a record that one of my current bands has produced. I'd like to say that I am a featured player on the release...but that would be too much to hope for. No, in spite of being a member of the band since late summer 2010...this recording process was begun PRIOR to that, and so the drum tracks are by my predecessor. Alas.

At least this record, though it lacks me, was professionally recorded in an actual studio, professionally printed to cds and duplicated, and released to the world via cd baby, amazon, itunes, etc.

This is just the latest in the ridiculous history of my recorded musical output.
  • Release One: a self-produced solo effort to cassette tape. Fewer than 20 copies exist
  • Release Two: a self-produced solo effort to cassette tape. Fewer than 20 copies exist
  • Release Three: recorded to a multitracker by the band in my living room and hand copied to cds by the band. Homemade paper cover. No distribution. I suspect no one knows it exists.
  • Release Four: a self-produced tribute album to a local band. I believe 4 cs copies were created. I'm convinced at least one of those copies was destroyed in a ritualistic fashion by the song writer for the band the album was a tribute to 
  • Release Five: Actually recorded, mixed, and mastered by an actual professional recording engineer (though, to be fair, also in my living room). Actually printed and duplicated on actual cds professionally with jewel cases and shrink wrap and everything. Released postumously under the old name after I was fired from the band and it changed it's name. No distribution. I suspect no one knows it exists.


No comments:

Post a Comment