Thursday, June 9, 2011

Status Update: Better

What a difference a week makes. I posted this kind of depressing status update on June 1st. That was 8 days ago. Since then I got some good practice time in (both of the songs in the sets AND of general exercise type things)...and maybe the pressure is off a bit too because I realized that I was maybe taking things alot more seriously than all of the other musicians involved. I feel pretty good about everything at the moment. Prepared and like I'm making progress and am where I need to be.

And, let's face it, I apparently am going to have a severe depressive episode about once a month for about a week for the foreseeable future. Them's just facts. I have to find some way to remind myself while it is happening that...this is gonna pass...in just a few days. Just ride it out, try to be kind to yourself, and when the motivation returns kick into high gear. When you are able, practice your ass off to carry you through the times when you can't manage to pick up a stick. If you do that, there will be general forward movement over time.

Brains...they are hard to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment