Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lately

Time for a hard to categorize navel-gazing, update-to-no-one-but-myself post.

It was rough going there for a bit, but I think things are improving. I'm still a bit over-scheduled and I guess that's what happens when you are in five bands. Just the same, I don't feel like I'm falling particularly behind anyone else and that any short-comings are likely only visible/audible to me. But I do wish I was practicing more and improving more quickly...but there is only so much time and energy in the day. I'm certainly not slacking very much or often.

Helping out at Girls Rock Camp this week. I wasn't sure how well I'd deal with children. I haven't really had to as it turns out because I've got teens. I AM learning though that these events are mostly about herding cats and much less about musical skills.

The new bass amp arrived and I've only barely messed with it. But it is nice.

Working to sell some old equipment that I don't use on Craiglist...and that's a mixed bag. Trying to both clear out space at the house AND feel better about spending the money on the bass amp.

Starting to bemoan the loss of the Boss BR-1180-CD multitracker again. I've gotten up the energy to ask a few folks about it and to post a question to Boss directly and on a discussion forum. I'm not optimistic that I can get it to work again. I've thought about maybe taking it to an authorized repair person...but I suspect that will cost at least a few hundred dollars and, at that point, I'm not sure if it is worth it or if I should just be looking towards new equipment. At some point I'll probably want to make the jump to a PC based recording system anyway. Just taking it as I'm able...the whole topic is pretty upsetting to me so I'm not really focusing too closely on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment