Monday, April 2, 2012

It Begins Again

This past weekend I began learning the Love and Rockets songs. I don't even know if we're doing it yet...but it is always nice to be prepared. There's 12 songs on the record and I cranked out about 6 of them. I don't anticipate anything hanging me up with the remaining 6. It is interesting how even something that is REALLY simple can take a while to figure out. Just getting the structure of a tune takes a few good listens. They are taking longer to figure out than I thought they might...but not too long. It IS reasurring that I'm able to do it by ear though. I have chords for about 75% of them...but no bass tab for any of them.

The Pixies really was an exercise in correcting tab. 90% of the songs had bass tab on the internet and it was just my job to figure out the rhythms (which you can't really show in tab) and correct the mistakes. I put lots of work in on them for sure...but it is a different kind of work than learning something totally by ear.

So I'm glad that I'm able to figure out the Love and Rockets songs...even if they are really easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment