Monday, April 2, 2012

Drum Funk

I'm in a full on drum funk.

I feel like I hit this peak a few weeks before Halloween and ever since then I've been on a downhill slope. Taking that class from Berklee just pushed me on down the hill. Can't bring myself to even sit at the damn things any more except for band practice. My confidence is gone and it isn't any fun right now. I think that I thought redoubling my efforts and putting my nose to the grindstone would help me to feel better...but it just made me feel worse. Even more inadaquate.

There is, thankfully, the bass to save me from despair.

Hopefully this is just a phase. My new thought on the topic is that I have to stop trying to become something I'll never be...chasing some perfect technique that I don't have the talent or interest to really pursue fully...and just get on with being whatever the hell kind of drummer that I am. And start having fun again.

No comments:

Post a Comment