Friday, March 30, 2012

One Way...Not Another

I was thinking today how the Pixies thing just captured my imagination so thoroughly and quickly...and I thought maybe that's just how I am with things. But I'm realizing that's really not the case. I was happy to play the Flaming Lips, but I haven't had any interest at all in listening to them or learning more of their songs now that we're done with it. Love and Rockets will be the same I can tell. And then I realized...I haven't gone looking for Frank Black tunes either. And that seems quite odd.

I find it quite sad to say that clearly a cute girl has to be involved or else I don't pay attention. Correction...a girl who's cute in a certain way. Girls who are cute in the traditional way don't interest me (I've been happy to let go of Blondie once we were done and never even formed an attachment). This makes me a terrible stereotype and everything that I hate about people who come to our shows to marvel at the "female musician". But what can I say. It's always about a girl. Always has been and I guess it always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment