Tuesday, September 4, 2012

CJ, Mickey's, 8/31/2012

We played a 40 song (ended up being 39 actually) show at Mickey's. Wife (metal) opened. We played 5 new songs: Hangwire, Winterlong, Lovely Day, Build High, Dance the Manta Ray. The new songs went over well except Dance MR, which seemed to clear the room. Slow = bad.

Things started well. Good crowd. But something wasn't right with the PA and we didn't figure out until set break that the right speaker wasn't on. So RS and I strained our voices in the first set and the vocals were too quiet and were distorted. I don't know if that's why, but the place cleared out for the second set.

I had one beer before, two during (one per set), and one after the show. And plenty of water. Ate a good meal. Had good sleep.

I played well aside from the strange PA situation messing with my vocals. Once the PA got fixed I felt really good about my vocals. There were some mistakes here and there but they mostly weren't mine. The show went off fairly well except for the technical problem and the audience leaving.  We moved the bench over so that I could put my bass amp up against the wall behind me and I was able to fit in sort of to the side of the PA speaker and I didn't have the troubles with feedback that I've had in the past.

A note too that CT had an excellent Vamos solo...in particular the spring crash from dropping the amp was possibly the most awesome he's ever hit.

Setlist (note that we skipped Rock Music at start of 2nd set because Rick's voice was bugging him)

1st set
Wave
Broken Face
Holiday
I'm Amazed
Brick
Winterlong
Ed
Build High
Planet
Alec
Allison
Dead
Monkey
Blown Away
Hangwire
Isla
Crackity
Vamos
In Heaven
Wave UK

2nd set
Rock Music (skipped)
Debaser
Bone
River
Dig
Subbacultcha
D=RxT
Lovely Day
I've Been Tired
La La Love
Here Comes
Manta Ray
Dance the Manta Ray
Gigantic
Hey
Bird Dream
Nimrod
Where Is My Mind
Gouge
Tame

No comments:

Post a Comment